Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Hi, I'm new here. I'm DeafOrchidLady from Tampa, fl.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DeafOrchidLover, Aug 11, 2014.

1. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

Hi, my name is DeafOrchidLover. I have one paph Maudie red and three phalaenopsis... My mom gave me orchid for my early Mother's Day. I got very nervous and stunned because I had couple 10 years ago and didn't live. Yes I was very devasted and swore not to buy it again... My mom bend me and I'm soooo happy.... :)
    Hello everyone and I'm clumsy with this forum, it will take some time to get used to. :)
    Truly yours,
    DeafOrchidLady. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407792708.953446.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407792708.953446.jpg

John Marvin (Joe Jo) likes this.
  2. Ray

Ray Orchid Iconoclast Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

3. Antonio Torres

Antonio Torres Member

Welcome! Now it is time to enjoy them :)

4. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

Ahhh! Yes thank you so much!

5. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

Dang it, didn't realize two pic, n they are same, sighing @@ at me.

6. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Orchids Forum.

7. John Marvin (Joe Jo)

John Marvin (Joe Jo) Member

Hi and welcome! I noticed that you also have a Pahpiopedilum which is soon to bloom, how old is the plant? I have 5 young Paphs. in 2.5" pots which have not bloomed yet, so I am just wondering how long it might take for them to flower. Good luck with your orchids!

DeafOrchidLover likes this.
  8. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

I also forgot to mention that my orchids do have spider web, which I've seen red, so tiny. I've been using neem oil mix with warm water and blue dawn soap for last two weeks. Hope it helps... It's so darn frustrated! And My Paph have several snails in it, I do check it twice early morning and late at night... I do take them out and burn it lol...Yes I'm badly tramuized what I had 10 years ago... ( overwatering, and ac was lit cooler, ooops!) Call me NERVOUSWRECK, I'd do anything to keep it alive. My husband said,"it's gonna be fine." I even went on goggle n trying to find informations over orchids, pest, reading, trying to expand my brain. I'm sorta relaxing but still... I'm trying to tell myself to calm down and be positive. I do leave it outside my front porch with screen for summer and will bring them in during winter. It's gonna be my first winter, soft argh! Ha ha, I believe I will do well... Is it ok to use neem oil spray while indoor? Any advices, please..

9. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

John Marvin, Hello! Oh you do have young 5 paph orchids and they're in 2.5" pot. Sounds like over a year or so.. I went to Phelp Orchid Farm which is located in Tampa, fl. He has tons of them, I learn quite a bit. I saw young paph in 2" pot, I asked how old are they? He said about a year or two... You can check the website... I just got my paph Maudie red past July 5, and it's in 5 inches pot. It's 2nd one bloom but I didn't see the first one. I don't know how old is mine... Sorry which I could help.

10. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407812761.552165.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407812789.332862.jpg

John Marvin, those are my paph Maudie red, I'm soooo impatient to see it bloom... First pic , I just bought it, lit expensive I ever brought but was in love with this one.... As you could see it's growing, I used flashlight to see what it's in it. It's a week ago pic with flashlight... Enjoy!

I'm learning how to use forum... Do I have to pay $10 bucks per year for this forum. Is it worth it?

Attached Files:

11. John Marvin (Joe Jo)

Good morning, I just saw your reply, thanks for the information. So, I am guessing that my Paphs. are about 2 years old and they should bloom the next season. Here is a photo from Carter & Holmes Orchids in South Carolina where I purchase my orchids online. This is what they will look like when they have flowers. The other 2 photos are my 5 new Paphs. Can't wait to see what they will look like in real life, I am very anxious!
    Windowsill PaphsF.jpg Snapshot_20140804.JPG Snapshot_20140804_1.JPG Did the leafs turn yellow on yours every now and then?

12. John Marvin (Joe Jo)

Your Paph. looks beautiful and so healthy! About the $ 10 bucks, I really don't know cause I am fairly new myself. Ask KellyW he is a staff member, I am sure he can tell you more. Have a happy day!

13. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

The Forum is free. The owner, Brent, has it set up so you can pay a fee to eliminate the advertising if you want to. I'll look for that info and post it here for you.

EDIT: here is the link for the info I mentioned above.
    https://www.orchidsforum.com/threads/become-a-premium-member-no-advertisements.11533/

14. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

Oh I see, so it's free... I thought it was preventing me from posting a new topic. Still learning! It's nice forum, I like it... Thank you all to make me feel welcome... Big smiling n waving

15. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

My Paphiopelium maudiae red. Here is the pic, not yet bloom, very slow growing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410045290.264695.jpg Enjoy!

16. DeafOrchidLover

DeafOrchidLover Member

Hey Joe Marvin! Lol. You should join forum called slippertalk. Www.slippertalk.com. I am on those forum, too :)

17. John Marvin (Joe Jo)

Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out!