Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Help..fungus on my orchids!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anne, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Anne

Anne New Member

I am a new Orchid Lover and repotted my 8 orchids (3 were keiki from last year) and not sure if they are infected with mealybugs but the leaves are getting yellow, plants look unhealthy and some had a white fuzz below the leaves. The Plant Nurseries won't let me bring them in because of Covid. I removed all plants from medium & pots, cleaned & sprayed leaves & roots with alcohol and repotted a month ago but they are still sick. I repeated the process today and wonder if anyone can help me save my orchids. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Ray

Ray Orchid Iconoclast Supporting Member

Can you post a photo of the “white fuzz”?

loss of lower leaves in phalaenopsis could be a direct result of insect damage, but could also be an indication that something else is a bit awry. I have seen that in plant when I failed to repot them soon enough.

Overall, those really don’t look to bad. If you have eliminated the pest issue, they’ll probably be fine.