Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Hello From Toronto

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Muddassar, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Muddassar

Muddassar New Member

Hi all.

My name is Muddassar and I currently live in Toronto. I am very new to Orchids. it all stated with seeing Phals plants in multiple supermarkets here and then i read more to find out a huge list of natural/man made orchids.

i wished to have an orchid collection of my Own but due to the travelling nature of my job and between multiple houses i could not setup anything. I am just trying out with one (yep, just one) Phal Orchid plant that I picked from the local supermarket last year. I could buy another one with flowers again but I am just trying to get things right with the one to make it flower again. Hopefully when i move back to Bangalore i'll have a more decent collection and put some learning from my current experience and through this Forum.

With just 1 plant in my collection:)I won;t be posting more actively as of now but once i get settled back at home, I will. I hope to learn a lot in this forum over the next few months/year.

(I also am an aquarium hobbyist with one pretty nicely maintained planted aquarium).

2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome!

3. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

Welcome! You should post photos of your planted aquarium!

4. Muddassar

Muddassar New Member

Finally it flowered. Sent out 2 healthy spikes with one spike already flowering (3 flowers so far).

Next Spring I'll start with few more. please Suggest me some varieties for a north west facing window (other than Phals).

IMG_7781_edit1.jpg