Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Hello from NJ

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gina, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Gina

Gina New Member

Hello fellow orchid fanciers!

My name is Gina, and I am an indoor gardener living in Northern NJ (USA) with a real passion for tropical plants. My apartment is full of bromeliads, tillandsias and other air plants, flowering ginger, hoyas, low light lovers, etc.

One of my neighbors moved about a month ago, leaving behind quite a few poorly cared for plants (including several orchids). My super knows me as the plant lady, so those abandoned plants became my new projects/buddies.

I love all types of orchids, but my experience level regarding orchid care is intermediate at best.I am most familiar with keeping Vandas (there was an overgrown one in this bunch), but I'm less familiar with phals, dendrobiums, and oncidiums, so I figured this would be a great place to learn!
    Cheers,
    Gina

2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Gina, welcome to the forum. Don't hesitate to ask questions. There are some very knowledgeable people here.

3. Gina

Gina New Member

Thanks Kelly! I've been looking around and I'm very impressed. I'm wishing I took "before" photos of my new orchids.

4. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

Welcome to the forum

5. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks for the introduction and welcome! Do the plants have names so you know what to ask?