Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Hello and bonjour..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by oisifml, Jul 7, 2012.

1. oisifml

oisifml Active Member

Hello all,
    I am as you may guess by the tittle a Frenchman living in a little house in a little town near Paris. I am new to orchids, and usually a total failure at it and the laughing stock on some french orchid forums . I hope to improve myself by reading the posts on this forum...:)
    Otherwise, I'm old, fat...lazy, I do have an interest in the angreacoid orchids but as I say I have pitiful results.
    Thanks for reading my depressing post.:)

2. Brent W

Brent W Owner Staff Member

Welcome :)

3. orquiadicto

orquiadicto New Member

Bonjour et bienvenu dans ce forum. You'll learn lots of things on growing orchids. It's a fascinating, addictive hobby.

4. John Klinger

John Klinger Active Member Supporting Member

After growing orchids for many years, I still sent my share to 'Orchid Heaven' You will learn here, ask questions.

5. Kermie

Kermie Tadpole Supporting Member

Hi :)
    In addition to growing orchids poorly it sounds like you have quite a good sense of humour! Always appreciated by me :)

I'm glad to hear you're doing research instead of giving up. Growing orchids is an easy thing to fail at if you aren't continuously trying to learn and improve! Those first few losses are hard, but after a while you get used to it! Lol

Lots of ang growers here so I'm sure you'll feel welcome!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

6. oisifml

oisifml Active Member

Thank you Kermie,
    In all fairness I have to confess my sense of humor can be bitter and is not always appreciated on the French forums that I go to; but I will try to behave on this forum!!

7. noioi

noioi Member

Hi :p

8. EGOISTA

EGOISTA Member

Hi Dear, Welcome!
    I think this is the place to learn a lot about orchids, for the rest I agree with the others, this is a fantastic and addictive passion. For lots reasons there is the possility to lose some plants, during last two year for many problem I lost 20% of my collection but I don't succeed in stopping loving my orchids, I have decided to cultivate only those that come well in my grow area.
    I forgot , I'm a fat girl from Italy... :D

9. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

Bonjour! Bienvenue !

10. oisifml

oisifml Active Member

Ah I like Claudio Nardotto.. he was the one grower that took a full hour on a week end to open his greenhouse, show me around, explain basic cultivation... if I have kept on trying it is partly thanks to him!!

11. EGOISTA

EGOISTA Member

Yes :D I'm happy to read this. Claudio is one of my most intimate friends,
    he is in love of his job, he loves orchids and share this passion with others, I hope to see you one day in his greehouses. I leave further to Camporosso, I leave near Malpensa airport, a little town named Ferno , so I can't go to Claudio so often. :D If you go, tell me! ;)

12. Uluwehi

Uluwehi angraecoids, dendrobiums and more Supporting Member

Claudio sounds like a great guy

13. EGOISTA

EGOISTA Member

Yes, he's very kind :D I'll tell him that he is becoming famous overseas! :D:D:D:D