Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KellyW, Nov 23, 2017.

1. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

For those of you in the USA, Happy Thanksgiving.

For those in other countries or cultures, I hope you occasionally find time in your busy schedules to appreciate family, friends, and other people and circumstances that you are thankful for.

Chuck-NH, John Klinger and Marni like this.
  2. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

Thank you Kelly! While Thanksgiving might not a Holiday, I do know that some parts of the tradition have spread to Europe at least. Some of my family have adopted the formal "Turkey dinner" (Turkey was not commonly available a few decades ago) and "Black Friday" is now almost as crazy in some parts of Europe as in the US .

KellyW likes this.
  3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Where in Europe is your family? I did not know that the turkey dinner had migrated.

4. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly, most are in Norway, but a few have made it to the US and the UK. I don't know if it was as scarce in the UK, but I don't remember seeing Turkey on the menu in Norway until the last 10-20 years.