Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Habenaria Raingreen's Ice Bird

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by RustyExotics, Aug 21, 2019.

1. RustyExotics

RustyExotics Nicholas - It's a terrestrial thing

I'm going to apologize ahead of time, because I'm going to be posting a very large amount of Habenaria in the next few weeks.

This is a first bloom for this hybrid for me from flask. It's really quite nice. This hybrid is very similar to Habenaria Michigan (erichmichelii x medusa), which makes sense. Hab. Raingreen's Ice Bird is Hab. Tracey (rhodocheila x erichmichelii) x Hab. medusa, so the only difference in parentage is the addition of Hab. erichmichelii. Likewise, this hybrid is also similar to Hab. Pegasus (carnea x medusa), but differs in the color of the hood and sepals, structure of the stigmatic processes, and the display of the side lobes of the lip.

Anyways, I grow it in a terrestrial mix under bright, artificial light (full spectrum LEDs) and never let it dry out. It's grown at intermediate temperatures.

P1140327.JPG
    P1140315.JPG
    P1140334.JPG

Foozil likes this.
  2. Ricardo

Ricardo Slave of demanding bird

Lovely and floriferous. Love the delicate color.