Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Habenaria medusae

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Bernard McDonald, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Bernard McDonald

Bernard McDonald Member

Following the recent discussions on Habenaria medusae I have decided to show my plant.
    It is 22" long from the base and up to the tip of the inflorescence. The inflorescence on the left plant shows five swollen fruits which I hand pollinated on the third of October. Fingers crossed. Hab medusae 1.JPG Hab medusae 2.JPG

Piranhacon likes this.
  2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Good luck on the fruit. I have tried several times to set seed with outcrosses and never got a thing.

3. RustyExotics

RustyExotics - Nicholas

At least you got flowers... haha!

It's a nice looking plant. On closer inspection of my "Habenaria medusae," there are still no buds forming, not even at the loose "head" of the inflorescence. It's interesting to see the differences between the spike on mine and yours. Yours is fairly bare, consisting mostly of the bare stem while mine is absolutely covered in "floral bracts" but no buds. Maybe that's a clue to the actual species I've got...