I've much of my free time for the better part of the past 2 months doing one thing or another related to the full renovation of my growing area. New lights, new table, new light frame, new everything. Also did some living room renovations while at it—ripped out old carpet, new carpet tile, repairs to the wall behind the growing area, new paint. My previous lighting setup was an 8 bulb T5HO fluorescent fixture using 91 CRI 5000k bulbs. This worked pretty well, but did put out quite a bit of heat, and had to be just 6" above the top of the growing area for high light mounted plants to get enough light. Switched to an Migro 400 LED setup, plus another single light for an extension to the growing off the the side for mostly warm growing, mostly potted, high light plants. A little less electricity than the fluorescent setup, significantly less heat, about 1.5 times the lumens, about twice the total PAR. The LEDs are custom order. Standard is 3500K 80 CRI. I went with 4000K 95 CRI. Unfortunately special ordering LED COBs from suppliers takes forever if it's not something readily available. Since most people with a setup like this are growing pot with a setup like this, high CRI is not exactly a priority, so high CRI LEDs aren't usually in stock. Took over two months to get the LEDs in. I've gotten spoiled by using high CRI lighting for many years and I'm afraid I can't take the usual 80 CRI lighting, even if the plants don't care. Built a new oak mission style table that measures 47" x 34" x 18". I store a bunch of orchid related supplies on the shelf under the tabletop. The new light frame is a foot taller, 7' tall now. Built the frames that hold all the mounted plants as well. All the oak was dyed (not stained), sealed very well, and given quite a few coats of a very durable, UV resistant, water based polyurethane (Ceramithane). The wall was painted with two coats of exterior paint, but aside from that is also covered in rather thick vinyl sheeting, as is every wood surface that would be exposed to water. Vinyl sheeting also guides water directly into the humidity trays. Many, many monel staples hold up all the hardware cloth for hanging the mounted plants. Two oscillating fans on timers alternate being on and off hourly so wind direction changes regularly. A 120mm pc fan mounted on the wall provides some additional airflow on the extension to the left for when the oscillating fan on that side is off. All in all, probably a couple hundred hours of work, and by no means cheap. Moving around this many plants to temporary places while basically demolishing the old growing area and doing the work before setting in the new one was not fun. At one point I was up for 28 hours straight and about 24 of those hours were spent actively working on it. I'm surprised at how little I damaged while doing so. Sophronitis wittigiana fell and that snapped one of the new growths. A tini mini, (Lankesterella ceracifolia) got a fungal infection in one of the growths (which was lost) while sitting around with reduced airflow for a day. That was the extent of the damage, so it could have been a lot worse. Thanks to Shane at Migro for help with looking into various options regarding the LEDs and answering way too many questions.