Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Fernandezia subbiflora

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Marni, Jan 8, 2009.

1. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

Tom, what kind of temperature are you using? My Fernandezia (F. subbiflora and F. ionanthera from Peruflora) aren't doing so well at 80%RH, 64F (9C) day 48F (18C), which is close to Baker&Baker's data. Maybe the day temp is not warm enough. Telipogon collantesii and T. urceolatus are doing well right next to them, and I'm not sure if these 2 species will be happier with higher day temp.

2. Tom-DE

Tom-DE Well-Known Member Supporting Member

noaki, the winter day temperature is about 62-65F in my growing area. 55-58F at night; Summer day temperature range is about 10 degrees warmer. My F, ionanthera would love to have cooler night during the summer months but that is all I can do for my Fernandezia for now. I have never grown any Telipogon, so I can't answer your questions.

PS, read Marni's culture info for her Fernandezia on page one.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    naoki likes this.
  3. nikkik

nikkik Active Member

Marni, this plant is fantastic! The flower is gorgeous and I like the way it grows.

Marni likes this.