Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

eurychone rothschildianum

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by ezil, Jul 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ezil

ezil Member

I'm happy to have the blooms, but quite frankly, the plant is still a bit too young. I got it as a seedling about 1 1/2 year ago, and it's still quite small. I've seen much bigger plants with the same size blooms. It seems happy and healthy, so I'm just going to enjoy it and be extra vigilant.
    IMGP0288.JPG IMGP0289.JPG IMGP0290.JPG IMGP0291.JPG

2. Brian Brown

Brian Brown Member

beautiful, I gotta get one of these!

3. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

She's a beauty! Very well done. I love the icy green color. :)

I can't quite tell from the pics -- is this plant potted or plaqued? I have one growing both ways--sort of an informal experiment to see which does better. Thus far, it seems about equal.

4. ezil

ezil Member

I had it on a plaque initially, but decided to pot it in a mixture of styrofoam pellets, leca and sphagnum moss. That's when it started to spike. I find the flowers very delicate, and overall an attractive plant.

5. Uluwehi

Uluwehi angraecoids, dendrobiums and more Supporting Member

Lovely and well done. This is such a great species. Have you noticed the spicy fragrance in the day-time? I love its scent. I have found that this species really likes to dry off quickly after watering and responds well to air movement.

6. T. migratoris

T. migratoris Active Member

Very nice. My mounted plant hates its mount ... been meaning to move it to a pot for quite a while now. Others that are potted I can't seem to slow down.

Uluwehi likes this.
  7. Uluwehi

Uluwehi angraecoids, dendrobiums and more Supporting Member

I am growing three plants on a large mount in my vivarium, but my humidity is very high.

8. Rita-mo

Rita-mo Just One More Please

That's lovely, they are not the easiest to make happy enough to bloom.

9. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

I had several mounted plants that did well for a time, but went down hill. I thought it was probably my temperature. I bought another one a couple of years ago that was doing really well potted so I left it that way. I just noticed a very nice spike.

10. Tom-DE

Tom-DE Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice one, ezil.
    I used to grow mine in pot. It is important to pot the plant a bit higher and watch the condition of potting mix too. My plant was happy in pot but I decided to mount it on stick. It was not too happy on the mount at first but it is doing fine now.