Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Dendrophylax funalis

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by KellyW, Feb 15, 2018.

1. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

This species has been posted a few times recently. This one appears to have the tepals more heavily reflexed, the spur longer, and the lip flatter and more deeply lobed than those recently posted. I have no experience with these so I don't know what is typical.

The lip is 25 mm across and the spur is about 35 mm +/- long (I don't know where the spur actually starts on the flower structure). The lip and the spur are in the same plane.

This one comes from John Klinger and this is the first blooming under my care. Thanks, John.

Dendrophylax funalis front-900.jpg Dendrophylax funalis profile2-900.jpg

jai, Pixietoe, leo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kipper

Kipper CoffeeCoffeeCoffee... Supporting Member

Kelly, that's excellent. How do you grow it? Photo's are exceptional too. :clap:

3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks, Kip.

I grow it warm, very bright (almost full sun), daily water but dries quickly.

Kipper likes this.
  4. jai

jai Orchid addict

Very nicely grown kelly:clap: I have not dared to grow a leafless species...well yet anyways:D