Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Dendrobium Star King 'Irvine'

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by Harvey south florida z10b, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Harvey south florida z10b

Harvey south florida z10b Active Member

C15EB509-1DF7-4E8A-936C-3F80E8268CBB.jpeg
    This one is fragrant

Matt likes this.
  2. D Cal

D Cal Marin County California Outdoor (mostly) grower

Very nice! That was one of the first orchids I got when I started collecting ~4.5 years ago. From ebay, but it was in :eek: condition and I couldn't rescusitate it.

3. DarleneJay

DarleneJay Well-Known Member

The Australian dendrobium can have a lot of wow factor. This one definitely does

4. Harvey south florida z10b

Harvey south florida z10b Active Member

Thanks Darlene. This plant when large can have a lot of spikes and blooms. But it seems to have the ability to have the spikes open sequentially. Nice to be able to enjoy the plant longer. But if they all opened at once it would be quite a show. Best year for me on this plant.

5. Maryanne

Maryanne New Member

Thanks for posting. That is nicely splashy. One of those was at our orchid society show last weekend (Amherst Orchid Society.org) and got my attention. The Australian plants are so resilient...
    Maryanne