Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Dendrobium parvulum

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by dex356, Aug 18, 2021.

1. dex356

dex356 Active Member

IMG_6618.jpeg is found in Sulawesi, Celebes and Papua New Guinea at elevations of 600 to 2600 meters as a mini-miniature sized, warm to cold growing epiphyte... This is a first bloom seedling from a trade on this site... Very tiny flower and plant... I finally figured out how to grow PNG Dendrobiums!!!

Attached Files:

2. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Well, how do you grow it?! Because I have several plants and no blooms.

J E likes this.
  3. dex356

dex356 Active Member

Hi Raven... This is a seedling I got from you... 48F low... 85F high... 50%+ humidity and good air movement... I found having higher humidity has helped many plants that I'm interested in growing...

Raven likes this.
  4. Alex Shepack

Alex Shepack Active Member

How frequently do you water it Dexter? It looks like you have a nice amount of moss growing there.
    I just can't seem to get mine to be happy. I recently moved it to the wine cooler and am hoping the colder nights work better.

5. dex356

dex356 Active Member

Hi Alex... I probably over water... I spray down the greenhouse if the moss is dry on the mounts... Then the plants in pots usually get too much water... It's hard to keep all the plants happy... The mounted plants in the greenhouse seem to be very happy though...

J E likes this.
  6. Alex Shepack

Alex Shepack Active Member

It certainly looks like it's working for this one!