Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by wpinnix, Apr 16, 2014.
Oh yes, here is the cytometry on it. Seems like its a 2n (n=19).
I'm curious how you are getting the ploidy info and chromosome number for the histogram. Did you use internal standard and got the C-contents in pico-gram? Or did you do some other thing like double chopping with known diploid D. cuthbertsonii? I do FCM myself, but I have done only simple things (determination of ploidy), so I was just curious.
Holy shit!!!!!!!!! that's just gorgeous!! but the more I see it, the more I think Geradus made some unintentionnal mixing... that flower is much more reminiscent of an hybrid with D. sulawesiense (which he also made) than a goldschmidtianum hybrid!
The temps have cooled and I've harvested my cuth fruits, so I'll be getting a few art supplies out that way sir.
Along with this obviously. I'll leave some of the flowers intact in case you feel like using the the parts.
Daniel, if you show me this years ago, I probably would get down my knees and beg for a piece.... I must be a species nut now.
Okay, it is quite pretty, not bad for a hybrid.
Wow so pretty
You know more than I on this subject. I gave my neighbor a sample she had an associate run for me. I used others hard work squinting into microscopes to use the n value.
Love that bicolor. Polyploid or not, fertile or not, you guys and gals are doing a great job!
If your neighbour didn't use some tissues from a reference plant (cuthbertsonii for example) of known ploidy, there is no reference, and you simply can't tell anything from this graph!
When I divided it up to send to Belgium they all died anyways.