Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Dendrobium Akebono

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by Ricardo, Feb 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ricardo

Ricardo Slave of demanding bird

I brought this plant about five years ago at a hardware store. It was covered with flowers, an impressive performance it never repeated. However, instead of a huge burst of flowers once a year, it produces inflorescences intermittently for months in Autumn and Winter and even in early Spring. It produces a few flowers at at time, they are noticeably larger than when I brought it. I have the impression that those produced when the temperatures are cooler have a richer color. The full name of the plant is Dendrobium Wave King "Akebono" Denakebono.jpg

newbud and Kipper like this.
  2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

That is really nice!

3. Ricardo

Ricardo Slave of demanding bird

As they say in China (I can't help to hear the President idiosyncratic pronunciation of this country name every time I think of it), or maybe this is a old Chinese proverb I have just invented, "three things the Master likes, cheap, easy to grow and floriferous"