Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Coelogyne schilleriana

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by piotrm, Jun 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. piotrm

piotrm Well-Known Member

tiny Coelogyne reminding more small Pleione but with very similar to Coel lentiginosa flower.
    IMG_7502.jpg IMG_7852.jpg IMG_7803.jpg

2. Paul J

Paul J New Member

Great envy! An often difficult species.

3. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Piotr, yours looks fabulous. Any cultural information you could share?

4. Karen

Karen Species nut

Please, culture information!
    ( I killed one...)

5. nine.tigers

nine.tigers Member

Well-grown!

6. piotrm

piotrm Well-Known Member

I killed two before But in both cases were tiny 2-3 bulbs without new growths purchased - never wake up for me. This I had from import in late winter/early spring from Thailand. It is mounted with moss, but I keep it horizontal. New growths as you can see are every where but only 2 in flower. My condition are min 12-15 night max 30C day, pretty bright but not direct sun position, I think it need be carefull watered when starts growing, and very limited as Pleiones but maybe not complately dry in winter, and keep it rather warmer than I do. Well not too long with me so still difficult to say. I wonder only because flower may differ from 4cm to 8cm and its coloration, does it possible means some of the plants may be taken from see level and some from much higher 1200 position and they may be slightly cultural differences. Wonder if Bakers culture sheets say something else? anybody has it? I wish to keep it alive as everyone else this time!