Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Chysis limminghei

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by DanaRaluca, May 19, 2019.

1. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

This is my Chysis limminghei, bought from Orchideen Lucke, about 1 year ago. The flowers are about 5 cm wide and they last 2-3 weeks. This species is listed as fragrant, but the truth is that under my growing conditions, I can hardly detect any fragrance. Does somebody knows if Chysis' fragrance is influenced by temperature or anything else?
    Thank you,
    Dana

Attached Files:

Chuck-NH and Foozil like this.
  2. pcolman

pcolman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

A very happy looking plant!

3. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

Pretty one!

4. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

Thank you.
    I am a little bit concerned that it didn't shed its leaves yet. Maybe it was too cold in the winter, or maybe I water it too much? I wonder if this has anything to do with its (almost) lack of fragrance, or if its fragrance is indeed so... :) discrete.

5. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

Hi Dana, since this plant blooms off the new growth, you must have done something right . Other people I know who grow this also say it doesn’t go completely deciduous. They give it a rest, but not completely dry.

6. DanaRaluca

DanaRaluca Active Member

:) Thank you, Chuck. Then maybe this species (or at least my clone) is just not so fragrant...