Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Chinese Orchids from Wenqing Perner for March 2021

Discussion in 'For Trade/Sale' started by Marni, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Here is a wonderful listing with lots of great species and some hybrids. In case you aren't on her email list, I am posting the price list for Wenqing Perner in both PDF and Excel spreadsheet on my website. I do not have any financial involvement, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Dear friends and customers,
    In the attachment file please find a price list from Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology, for the delivery in March 2021, Please feel free to give this Excel sheet to anyone that might have interest in it. Please read the following information before place your order:

Due to the Covid situation, we are facing much more difficulties and costs for exporting, but we would do our best to deliver the postponed shipments and hope to get some new orders.

1, Order timing: Please send us your order as soon as possible, the deadline is 20th Feb. 2021.
    2, How to order: Please refer the excel price list, fill in and write to: [email protected] for confirming availability, price and shipping cost.

3, How to pay: personal check made out to Wenqing Perner and send to an address in the US that would be instructed in the invoice; or paypal: [email protected] +5% fee.
    4, How to deliver: Via USPS priority parcel or Express on request.

Thank you for your support!

Wenqing Perner
    Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology Ltd., China
    --
    Ms. Wenqing Perner

610041 Chengdu, Sichuan
    P.R.China
    E-mail: [email protected]
    tel:+8613688062330

2. Arne

Arne Active Member

That was a nice plant list. How big are the plants normally?

3. Marni

In general, I have been pleased with the size and health of what I have gotten. Some things she lists have several prices depending on the size of the division. I consider my survival rate of plants from her to be better than average for imported orchids.

Mat Brutger and Alex Shepack like this.
  4. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

Agree with Marni. We have imported from her for many years. I also notice they typically seem to be above average clones...a little darker or bolder than usually seen. Have had a couple AOS awards on plants from her.

Mat Brutger and Marni like this.
  5. scruffy

scruffy Active Member

I have never seen the name before.
    Thank you for sharing Marni.

6. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

So I placed an order and just received an invoice from Wenqing where she asks to send an "additional check worth $100" to a specific address in California. She is already charging $50 for shipping so I don't get what is this other $100 charge for. There is no explanation on the invoice. Folks who ordered from her in the past, do you have an idea what's going on here?
    Thanks!

7. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

I would just email her and ask. The person in California is the one who receives the bulk order and repackages for domestic shipment. Everything has always worked out fine.

Raven likes this.
  8. Marni

I agree with Chuck, email her. She is very responsive. I have done a number of orders and I pay for the plants (the price that was on the price list) and a shipping charge within the US. Wenqing doesn't add and percentage as some companies do to cover her shipping and CITES charges. It is a local shipment for me so USPS is $15. Express is more. Mary Gerritsen receives the order and sorts and ships.

Raven likes this.
  9. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

I emailed her and she responded right away. All good, thanks for your suggestion :)

Marni likes this.