Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Cattleya eldorado (wallisii) 'M. Ito' AM/AOS, BM/JOGA

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by pcolman, Jan 13, 2018.

1. pcolman

pcolman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I've only feasibly been able to grow a standard size potted cattleyas for the past 6 months or so after expanding my growing area. This one is the first to bloom.

C. eldorado is one the smaller standard catts. The flower is just shy of 5" wide, though it should be somewhat larger and have a better shape as it's more acclimated to my growing conditions. It's very nicely fragrant and the single flower is enough to be smell it throughout the room.

Growing it intermediate to warm, bright light, drying out between waterings, more so in winter.

Cattleya eldorado 'M. Ito' AM-AOS BM-JOGA.jpg Cattleya eldorado 'M. Ito' AM-AOS BM-JOGA.tif flower.jpg Cattleya eldorado 'M. Ito' AM-AOS BM-JOGA.tif flower (perspective).jpg

2. Kipper

Kipper CoffeeCoffeeCoffee... Supporting Member

Yay Pedro! Nice.

3. pcolman

pcolman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Apparently this species had a very long-lived flower for a Cattleya, because 4 weeks to the day after it opened it still hasn't faded. I think I'll be quite happy once it blooms as a larger, more established plant.

4. sam1147

sam1147 sam1147

Very nice