Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Cadetia sp.

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by DukeBoxer, Nov 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DukeBoxer

DukeBoxer Active Member

I got this one from a trade friend as a bonus as Cadetia taylori. It has a different color on the column than the taylori that Jon just posted. I didn't think I could flower it, but it had 3 growths when I got it and all 3 of those flowered and now there are 2 more growths. It's a neat little plant and the flowers last for a while, like around 2-3 months.

ai199.photobucket.com_albums_aa69_joshlep1302_cadet.jpg

Sabinchen, GaryYG and lindamarie like this.
  2. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

That's hot. Can I get on the list for a division, please? I realize it'll be a few years, but I would love to have a piece of that species. Or... perhaps your friend would be interested in trading something with me... :)

3. Tom_in_PA

Tom_in_PA I am not an addict

That is really nice....I did not realize the plant was a small grower, I might need to thin kabout adding this to the list ;)

4. Craig

Craig megalomaniac

This is possibly Cadetia maideniana, it appears to have a spiky surface on the ovary on the back of the flower, when pollinated as the ovary grows it ends up looking a bit like a pineapple. I will look a bit further tonight.
    Craig

5. DukeBoxer

DukeBoxer Active Member

Craig I was thinking maybe Cadetia ceratostyloides, but it might be umbellata also. Candace sent it to me, maybe she wants to chime in

6. Craig

Craig megalomaniac

Looking at Jays site, it does look like umbellata. C ceratostyloides lower petals look a bit to triangular. There is one on the site listed as Cadetia sp (#9 on the list) that looks similar, it's one of Dale's pics he may be able to shed some light.

7. Forrest

Forrest Really Neat

nice one.

8. Tom-DE

Tom-DE Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nice one, Josh!

I have labeled mine as Cadetia umbellata.

9. GaryYG

GaryYG Active Member