Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Bulbophyllum striatellum in situ

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by John Varigos, Sep 5, 2019.

1. John Varigos

John Varigos New Member

I recently spent a few weeks in Sabah, Borneo trekking the forests, looking for and photographing orchids, ending up attending the Asian Pacific Orchid Conference in Kuching. The first place we visited was Long Pasia and Mt Rimau in southern Sabah where our friend and guide Lait and his team of porters looked after us in the jungle. For those of you who may have missed my posts on Facebook, I will post photos of some of the amazing orchids we found.
    This is Bulbophyllum striatellum, found on the trunk of a small tree on the fringe of our base camp at about 1400 m asl. Flowers are about 1 cm in size. 2019-07-14 08-45-47 0297.JPG 2019-07-14 08-46-41 0300.jpg

RustyExotics, GaryYG, Foozil and 2 others like this.
  2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Many of us on the forum love in situ photos. Great lip on this one!

3. Ricardo

Ricardo Slave of demanding bird

Love in situ photos. They are great help when one has to decide how to cultivate a plant. The flower is lovely.

4. John Varigos

John Varigos New Member

This flower was a beast to photograph as it was so small and on a long wiry peduncle. The slightest breeze and it was all over the place.