Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Brassavola 'Little Stars'

Discussion in 'Orchid Hybrids' started by Harvey south florida z10b, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Harvey south florida z10b

Harvey south florida z10b Active Member

1FEE7756-2A4E-4476-A290-A8E2EB7CCC80.jpeg
    This is weedlike here. Almost invasive. Adds to the evening ambiance...

Chris45 likes this.
  2. Photosynthetic

Photosynthetic New Member

One of the first orchids I bought many years ago (from Frank Fordyce) was Little Stars, and it has grown and flowered for me ever since. (Though nothing like yours, I must admit, with a hint of jealousy). I have divided mine many times and sold or given away pieces, and it still grows and blooms, as you say, like a weed.

3. Harvey south florida z10b

Harvey south florida z10b Active Member

Photosynthetic, what is your location?

4. Photosynthetic

Photosynthetic New Member

San Francisco Peninsula. I have always grown mine indoors under high intensity light, but am trying a piece outside this winter to see how it does.

5. mrhappyrotter

mrhappyrotter New Member

Gorgeous. I can smell it from here. This is one that I divide regularly and give away pieces of from time to time. My clone is just so big/tall and it's hard to accommodate under lights on shelves. When I bought it, I wasn't even thinking about the fact that it might grow tall and just assumed it'd stay around the same size as my nodosa. Ha. I keep it for the fragrance, though.