Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Angraecum longicalcar

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by T. migratoris, Apr 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. T. migratoris

T. migratoris Active Member

Older, mature plant. I grow it potted in very high light, quite warm, humid, etc.
    PA200004 sm.jpg

2. Uluwehi

Uluwehi angraecoids, dendrobiums and more Supporting Member

Wow! Spectacular. Is the plant massive? I love how the nectaries are so long they don't even fit in the picture.

How nice to see it situated among other angraecoids in your collection. I am curious about the names of two other plants in the photo: the really tall narrow plant with prodigious leaves all neatly arranged and the beautiful white flower at the bottom of the photo?

3. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

That is a beauty! Would you mind taking a photo of the whole plant? I'd love to see it even if that means less detail on the flowers. That way I can "stand back" and admire from afar. :)

And Jacob, if I had to guess -- I'd say the tall, narrow plant is the primary hybrid of Angcm florulentum and eburnum called Shooting Stars. :)

4. T. migratoris

T. migratoris Active Member

Sarah's right about the taller plant - florulentum x eburnum. It produces the most gorgeous flush of flowers imaginable. The lower flowers are Ang. leonis.

5. Reyna

Reyna Orchid Obsessed Supporting Member

Ha ha! I love that grex too. It really got the best of both parents.