Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Andinia vieira-pereziana

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Chuck-NH, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Chuck-NH

Chuck-NH Well-Known Member

This is a first bloom for this Colombian species. Pardon the photos, I have been using a phone lately which I don’t feel substitutes for a proper camera (at least for me).

050F08CD-7AAD-4C61-809E-2668EAADF75E.jpeg

5620DCB9-C5A8-4A08-BF9A-E94477783A5B.jpeg

Lauren B. and rico like this.
  2. wpinnix

wpinnix William Pinnix

That's really neat! Never seen it before

3. Gerrit

Gerrit Well-Known Member

That's an interesting species, never seen it before!

4. dex356

dex356 Active Member

Hi Bill... Last August, Chuck and I went down to Colombia to visit some friends of mine who run an Eco Tour Company, Sebastian Vieira and Luis Perez and to go to Medellin Orchid Show... Sebastian gave both of us some cutting of plants, one of them was this! It was an un-named species at the time... As you can see, the plant was named after the 2 that discovered this plant!!! I can not wait to see some of the other plants we got from them after they bloom!

wpinnix likes this.
  5. wpinnix

wpinnix William Pinnix

Dex, that is so cool! Someday I hope to go explore Colombia. In 2004 I did an eco tour with my cousin who opened a lodge on the Rio Cayapas, near the border with Colombia. Most of the exploring I did was at low elevations. I did see where a few Sobralia and Epidendrum on the drive from Quito. Since I was with a group, I was unable to visit Ecuagenera... Maybe next time!