Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Ah the Football Bowl Season

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Clark, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

Aha. That I understand. Thanks Clark. You're so smaht.

:D

I know I've asked before but I forget. When do they announce the Heismann winner?

Whoops. I see they've already named the winner.
    huh.

2. Brant

Brant dazed

BCS is a bunch of CRAP , they need to have a plain old fashioned PLAYOFF series. They can do it with other sports but oh no college F'ball is too good for that...

The heismann does what ? guarantee the winner a good draft pick and $$, but it in no way makes him a good player in the NFL, many a winner have turned out to be LOSERS..cough OJ cough .. LOL

so there...i still want some fried up gator parts :evil:

3. Clark

Clark Gator Member

The Heisman does not guarantee one a high draft pick and $$. charlie Ward was not selected until the 4th or 5th round. He went on to play Pro Basketball for the Nicks.

4. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

Is this the last year for the Heismann winner?

Maybe Cleveland will get him. Hell we'll take DeMarco too, if he's willing to live in Cleveland.

5. Clark

Clark Gator Member

DeMarco is out, injured, won't be in the game for the Sooners.

6. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

Yes I know.

7. mrbreeze

mrbreeze Anglican Supporting Member

Plus he's just a sophomore. After this injury, he'll certainly be coming back to Norman next year.

I'm all in favor of a playoff. There are many aspects of college football that are jacked up. Don't get me started on Notre Dame *urp*. Join a freakin' conference or move to Canada, Irish! :bang:

But the way the current system makes no allowance for the fact that some conferences have championship games and some don't, is a big problem.

The Heisman has nothing to do with the NFL. It is the award for the best college player in the country. And it seems to have evolved into *another* award for the best quarterback. By the way, Bradford ALSO won that award! woohoo!!

Clark is right about some voters leaving Tebow off the ballot. In fact, 154 of the 904 voters left him off. That is clearly questionable, but is it any worse than the 93 voters that left Bradford off? Or the 120 that left McCoy off? I mean, if you're going to say that Tebow is the best, how can you possibly say that two other players with BETTER stats, are not just worse, but don't deserve to be on the ballot??? There's no way you can make that argument and be legit. Which proves the system is totally jacked up. But I don't care because it has worked out nicely for the mighty Sooners!!!! :poke:
    -MB, class of '91 and '93 :D

8. Clark

Clark Gator Member

mrbreeze, looking forward to the GATORS kicking the soonerbommers in the Championship Bowl. As Tebow says "Why get over it. Use it." Glad I'm not on the the field against the bruiser.

9. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

Now, that would be something to see, Clark would certainly have to set down his Sweetwater for that confrontation.