Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Aganisia cyanea

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by spiro K., Feb 28, 2019.

1. spiro K.

spiro K. Well-Known Member

Was for a long time a "dream plant" for me, knowing quite well that I dont have the conditions for it. So I created the conditions , in an unused fish tank.
    It is a delicate plant,a magnet for fungi, snails,scale,... you get the picture.
    It also wants to climb out of its pot, and needs constant watering with very pure water.
    Anyway, this is the first blooming; its not the best clone I've ever seen, but it will do for now.
    Any tips from other growers of this species will be appreciated. IMG_2903 (427x640).jpg

GaryYG, wpinnix, Foozil and 1 other person like this.
  2. sam1147

sam1147 sam1147

:clap::clap::clap:

3. xmpraedicta

xmpraedicta Prairie angraecoid nut Supporting Member

Gorgeous and congratulations. Always impressive to hear about the lengths people go to in order to bloom a desired plant. Did you find it likes it warm?

4. pcolman

pcolman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Aside from the need for constant moisture yet clambering out of the pot, I haven't found it to be difficult. I've been growing the same plant for the better part of two decades now.

5. spiro K.

Well, I've had it for less than a year now, in a warm (70-75 days,60's nights)tank, and so far so good. I'm just afraid of rot with all that water!

6. spiro K.

Reassuring to hear! By the way, you have a much better clone, I think.

7. pcolman

pcolman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yours looks like it just opened in the photo. It should get bluer.