Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

A question about Lasagne noodles

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Posey, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Posey

Posey New Member

I wanna make lasagne and I have the right flour and a noodle roller press thingie but I've never done it with home made noodles and I don't have enough store bought noodles to make a batch of lasagne. When I make my own noodles, do I have to dry and/or cook the noodles before I put them in the complete lasagne pile? Don't laugh at me, I've had a very emotionally draining day and ain't thinking right and I've never done it before either. TIA.

2. Clark

Clark Gator Member

Is this the first emotionally draining day of you life?

3. dounoharm

dounoharm almost there

if you are using dry noodles from the store in your lasagna, i think you can use the raw noodles that you make with them....if you cook the storebought noodles before you make your lasagna, you should cook the ones you make also....then pile all the ingredients together.....did that make sense? if you use the dry noodles it takes longer to cook the lasagna than if you cook all the noodles before layering the lasagna and baking it....gl

4. Posey

Posey New Member

Thanks!!! Clark, you are an ass.

5. Tracey

Tracey Interloper

Posey if I'd had your day I would ring Pizza Hut and get back to the lasagne tomorrow. Wash that pizza down with something nice too

6. Karen

Karen Species nut

What Tracey said. Except it'd be Gina's Pizza. They do lasagna too... And deliver!
    :dancin:

7. Posey

Posey New Member

I bet MJ knows about noodles. Where is she anyway? Poor Sassy is whining and yelping in her sleep naps. This ain't good. Snif.

PS, is there a post a polls here? I wanna do a thing about Clark's an ass or not. LOL.

8. Clark

Clark Gator Member

Let's post a poll about who had the most emotionally draining day's of their life. Woops, no need we all know it's Posey.

9. Candace

Candace Kept Woman Supporting Member

I've made my own noodles and cooked them fresh, not dried. I've got a pasta maker collecting dust right now. I really ought to get it out soon. I've never made lasagna noodles, though.

10. Craig

Craig megalomaniac

Roll em thing,cook em fresh!

11. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

What Craig said. Except I think he meant roll them thin. You don't need to dry them, just cook them. If you make a big batch, dry the remainder and put them in an air tight container for next time.

Oh and Photos, Please.

12. Posey

Posey New Member

Thanks bunches. Fresh it is, when I finally make em. I decided to just use the stuff I had and do up some stuffed manicotta in order to get rid of some of the store bought noodles/manicotta and not have the lasayna cheese makings spoil while I was trying to figure it out. What is your all time favorite home-made noodle additives? I'm thinking like garlic or herbs here.

Hey Clarko/scrego, Merry Christmas.

13. Clark

Clark Gator Member

Use the garlic, it will keep the vampires away.

14. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

Posey, I am not the most imaginative when it comes to noodles so I don't add anything to them, I keep trying to make "Mom's noodles". Although the herbs and garlic sound good! Try it and let me know how it turns out.