Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

A few plants for sale

Discussion in 'For Trade/Sale' started by pcolman, Nov 1, 2017.

1. pcolman

pcolman Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have a few plants I need to get rid of to make room:

Bulbophyllum xanthoacron: I actually love the growth habit and general appearance of this plant, and it grows well and blooms sporadically for me. Why get rid of it? The 1" flowers, while very nice (Google image search result - mine looks the same) are also very short lived and only open in the morning. I've basically only seen them for a few minutes before going to work. Intermediate grower. The entire mount and plant pictured is 5" x 4" tall - Note the photo was taken over a month ago and the plant has matured quite a few more growth.

Asking for $25 (Priority mail shipping is included in the price)

Bulbophyllum xanthoacron.jpg

Paphiopedilum tigrinum: This is not one I'd normally be selling. Due to an order screwup with Popow, I got two of this species. Not a cheap plant. I notified them and asked what they wanted to do and they told me to keep it. This is a 4 growth blooming size plant in a 3" pot. I've let it acclimate for 2 months after import, and it is actively growing. Please note that P. tigrinum is considered difficult, probably most because normal paph culture will kill it. It must not stay moist. It should be grown in drier mix more like for catts than paphs.

Asking for $90 (Priority mail shipping is included in the price). This is not cheap, but much less than it was selling for and much less than a plant of this species of this size typically sells for.

Paphiopedilum tigrinum 02.jpg

Dendrochilum uncatum. Around 17 or 18 growths + 8 or so immature growths in spike/bloom. Photo was taken a few months ago when I originally offered this plant, so it does not include the new growths/spikes. Mount measures 8" tall. Chains of yellow, fragrant (citrus), 3/8" flowers. Medium bright light, moist, can be grown from cool to warm, probably does best intermediate.

Asking for $20 (Priority mail shipping is included in the price)

Dendrochilum uncatum.jpg

Please PM me if interested in any or all of these plants.
    (If anyone is interested in all 3 plants, they can have them for $115.)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

I've always grown Dendrochilum uncatum potted, but your plant looks great mounted.

3. pcolman

Dendrochilums generally grow like weeds for me. Unfortunately they then to grow too much and I have limited space.

4. pcolman

Bulbophyllum xanthoacron is taken.

5. pcolman

Dendrochilum uncatum is taken.

Lowering the price for Paphiopedilum tigrinum to $80.